Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes – all our current bracelet bands are either nylon or cotton based and can withstand water.
- The ring may develop a natural “antique” look over time with wear but will not lose the imprint of your word.
- All of our chain Necklaces and Keychains are made of Brass and are coated with a mixture of materials we are unfortunately unable to identify the exact composition. If you are prone to experiencing allergic reactions to worn materials, we suggest considering an item made with string (our Bracelets), as an alternative to an item containing a chain. If you already purchased one of our items and you are experiencing an allergic reaction to it, we recommend to stop wearing the product and email us at support@HopeOnAString.com so we may replace it with a different type of item of equal or lesser value.
- For Nickel, Black, Silver Plated and Gold Plated tokens: use a wet cloth to gently clean the token with water ONLY, do not use any other product or it might damage the token’s coating and plating!
IMPORTANT: Use the cleaning method below for BRASS tokens ONLY!
Our Brass tokens are not plated, nor are they coated. As a result, the Brass token naturally oxidizes over time.During the oxidation process, your Brass token will become naturally darker in color. Some parts of the token may appear darker, and may develop brown or green spots. This is normal and easily amended by the instructions below.There are multiple ways you can clean your BRASS token. Here are a few ways we recommend:
Vinegar, Salt and Flour: Dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt into 1/2 cup of vinegar, mix in small amounts of flour until the mixture becomes a paste. Using an old cloth, rub the paste onto the brass. Leave the paste on for about 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water and buff dry.
Water, Salt and Vinegar: Heat a pint of water, stir in 2 tablespoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar. Rub the mixture onto the brass, then dry with a clean rag.
- Currently we only have the English / Latin alphabet (A-Z), Numbers (0-9) and a few punctuation marks (*!?,’$#.@;/:♡)
- We do not support accent marks, fadas or tildes on our letters
- You can find additional symbols available in the description of each product.
- Currently we only have the English / Latin alphabet (A-Z), Numbers (0-9) and a few punctuation marks (!?,’$#.@;/:).
- Our bracelets are intended to last 2-3 months while you are working on your WORD.
- You are able to fit up to 14 characters on a ring, including spaces. In other words, a space counts as 1 character so be sure to add correctly.
- For our bracelets, if it is a single word, we wrap the word continuously. If it is two short words, we will typically place one on top and one at the bottom. Please see my gallery for examples.
- For our necklaces, we usually wrap the word around the ring.
- We can only stamp your WORD on one side of the token as the MyIntent company brand is already pre-stamped on the back side of the token.
- This often means you’re done with your current word and it’s time for a new one. The rings make a great addition to another necklace you have and also to your keychain.
- We currently do not offer replacement components of the jewelry sold separately.